AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Farmers who think Deere management cares
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> AgTalk CafeMessage format

ManiaPlus
Posted 9/24/2024 22:44 (#10903614 - in reply to #10903259)
Subject: RE: CASe IH dealerships

The main asset that Tenneco wanted from IH was the IH dealerships. No one opens new dealership any more. That ship sailed about a century ago. Sometime ago I read that Case had lost a large number of old IH dealerships that they did not want to lose. It seemed strange to them but it wasn't funny to the dealerships that had been treated like dirt (and I mean dirt) by Case for a decade or two. For what it is worth the dealers that survived also hated Case's mismanagement's guts.

They never got the dealership numbers back and then the official philosophy of the New Holland/CaseIH merger "was the strong shall survive". No planning, no system, it was dog eat dog and they lost a lot more dealers. How can a New Holland and CaseIH dealer survive next door to each other? Some can, most can't. Deere would have planned it right to a tee. You are in and you are out. Period.

It should be noted that CaseIH has just about the lowest dealer satisfaction score of ANY manufacturer. What do you expect from a cheap Italian car manufacturer? And I run red.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)