AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Recording a variety plot with InCommand 1200 + yield monitor
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Precision TalkMessage format

tedbear
Posted 9/23/2024 07:57 (#10901338 - in reply to #10900911)
Subject: RE: Recording a variety plot with InCommand 1200 + yield monitor

Near Intersection of I-35 & I-90 Southern Mn.
You can manually set the swath width instead of having the system do it for you. This would probably be best for the test plots.

To use the Region feature, bring up the region and change to a new one, name it to avoid confusion. Harvest that variety. Change to a new region and name it. Harvest that variety. Each region will retain its own yield, moisture etc.

The regions will not be shown as individual maps on the screen but can be printed out separately within SMS. This may or may not be useful for this situation.

I have used Regions to label where I used different treatments when spraying. For example, one year I sprayed the entire field with a weed killer but threw in some Headline for one tank. I used the Region feature and named one region Without Headline and another region With Headline. I started spraying with the Region named Without Headline but changed to the Region named With Headline after I dumped in the Headline. When that ran out, I refilled the sprayer and changed back to the Region name Without Headline. The two regions could be shown in two different colors within SMS. I printed out that map and carried it with me when scouting and in the combine.

Results: The area with Headline was slightly better but didn't cover the cost of the Headline.

Edited by tedbear 9/23/2024 07:58
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)