AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Raven autosteer stopped disengaging
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Precision TalkMessage format

DonOK
Posted 9/22/2024 19:53 (#10900825 - in reply to #10900562)
Subject: RE: Raven autosteer stopped disengaging

This has worked flawlessly for some 14 years. It worked as usual about a month ago while spraying and then stopped working last week. I replaced a FWA solenoid on the tractor itself, but otherwise it only sat in between jobs. It seems to me that the white wire that carries the voltage fluctuation must have a bad connection or be broken somewhere in the harness. I tested/probed it within a couple of inches of the plug. Now I will backtrack that wire through the harness and test at different locations. I'm pretty sure I have located a connection point about 20' up the harness. After that it will get ugly. I wish Raven would have used wire with number ID on them.

What doesn't make sense to me now is why does it continue to allow autosteer to run when it was unplugged, as the original test. It seems that system voltage is required through the white wire back to the controller. Moving the steering wheel cuts that voltage thus disconnecting autosteer. With the connector unplugged the controller wouldn't get signal voltage to allow the autosteer to engage. Right?

The Smartrax is a black box about 8x6x2" and has row of LED's on the front. New in 2010 I think.

BTW thanks for your time and help.

Edited by DonOK 9/22/2024 20:02
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)