AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

burger joints rated for healthiness
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Kitchen TableMessage format

John Burns
Posted 9/20/2024 09:26 (#10897551 - in reply to #10897201)
Subject: RE: burger joints rated for healthiness

Pittsburg, Kansas

Almost never go to a sub shop but the few times we have you can just ask for it in a bowl. It ends up being like a chef's salad if you include lots of veggies. As far as the Deli where we were at they are used to us. They just give me everything on the side in a little bowl with the meat and dill pickle spear on a plate. They bring us 3 plates for the 3 subs. Only time we do the subs in on Wednesday when they are 3 for the price of 2. With the meat of only one sub I go away a little hungry.

What I usually get when I go there is three quarter pound hamburger patties with three slices of cheese (varies what kind I get), a side order of bacon and one hard boiled egg. Hamburger patties is the most common or I get a bowl of chili straight (no beans) with onions and cheese and one or two hard boiled eggs. Sometimes also a side of bacon, sometimes not.

At McDonalds it is easy off the ordering kiosk to order without the bun and without ketchup. You can also order extra meat patties from the options. Ordering at the counter is more hit or miss but the person taking the order should know the menu options. Some do, some have to hunt for the options.

We generally do not have too much problem as long as we choose a place to eat that has options we can eat. Some places simply do not have good options for us so it does limit the number of restaurants we can choose to eat. Just like some restaurants got used to and cater to vegans, some are also familiar with and can accommodate low carb or carnivore. But most of them aren't aware of those terms. You have to make good decisions on your own.

Edited by John Burns 9/20/2024 09:39
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)