AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

two health studies that are related to cancer and diabetes
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Kitchen TableMessage format

John Burns
Posted 9/20/2024 09:03 (#10897527 - in reply to #10897335)
Subject: RE: two health studies that are related to cancer and diabetes

Pittsburg, Kansas

From the second article:

"The relationship between low-carb diets and diabetes risk isn’t as straightforward as it might seem at first glance. The researchers also note that this is an observational study and cannot prove that low-carb diets directly cause an increased diabetes risk."

"Interestingly, the group with the highest LCD scores (meaning they ate the fewest carbs) consumed about 37.5% of their calories from carbohydrates. In contrast, the group with the lowest LCD scores got about 55.4% of their calories from carbs." (wasn't even low carb to begin with - just "low-er carb = probably not enough to lower insulin levels significantly)

"The study also found some differences in lifestyle factors across the low-carbohydrate diet score groups. For example, the group with the highest scores had a higher proportion of current smokers, individuals with obesity, and lower physical activity levels compared to other groups" (lots of confounding variables in a epidemiological type study = very poor quality evidence).

I personally have reversed my type II diabetes of approximately 35 years duration eating low carb. Got off 4 shots of insulin, diabetic medicines and blood pressure medicines. Don't need any of them on a very low carb diet (generally 20 grams of carbs or less a day). Seems like the exact opposite of what the article suggests. So I have a hard time believing the study has much relevance to reality. But headlines get clicks.

Edited by John Burns 9/20/2024 10:08
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)