AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Farmworks mobile / sitemate replacement
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Precision TalkMessage format

chuckster
Posted 9/18/2024 11:36 (#10895012)
Subject: Farmworks mobile / sitemate replacement

Where Lewis and Clark finished the rum
Well, looks like i need to say goodbye to an old friend. I have run Farmworks Sitemate / Mobile on toughbook laptops (and hand helds) for at least a couple decades. When a toughbook would die ( a acquired end of life units and repurposed them as data loggers) I would move my registration to a new to me toughbook. However, sometime in the last year, the ability to register has gone away. I use Trimble (mostly 750s) to do steering, spraying (VR and otherwise), and I use JD 2630 for harvest and seeder control. But I will REALLY miss Mobile's ability to stack multiple layers as backgrounds... ie varieties, yield maps, weed maps, Rx maps, test plots, etc , and the easily customizable DB that is associated with those shapefiles.... whether in sprayer, combine, or just a pickup.

SOOO has anyone found a good alternative to Farmworks Mobile? OR obtained a permanent unlock? Local Trimble dealer shines me on... "not supported software."
I see Martensfarms still advertises Mobile, and we are trading phone calls, but i haven't connected with them.
I also see EZMap this AM, does anyone have experience with that ??

TIA,
Chuckster
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)