AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

4640 and MTG Not Communicating after Update
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Precision TalkMessage format

cooter2
Posted 9/17/2024 16:09 (#10894087)
Subject: 4640 and MTG Not Communicating after Update

I just updated one of our displays (4640) to 24-2 using the Online update. Update ran failed the first time (noticed the file size was under 300 mb), then succeeded the second time (file size was about 600 mb). After the update completed, I went to update the globe to 6.75B using the online update option, but I got an error saying Unable to contact server (or something like that) and the update fails. I then went and looked, the MTG is no longer showing/connecting to the 4640 display. This happened after the update to 24-2.

This also means that machine sync and data sync (which we use both) are not working and really renders the system useless. I tried putting the display in a different tractor, that display still didn't see the MTG in that tractor. I put a display from another tractor in the problem one, and that display wasn't able to update/connect online anymore until I put it back to its original tractor. I swapped globes as well, hoping to update the globe on this tractor on another machine, when the globe was on another tractor, the MTG would not communicate on that tractor, so I could not update. Once I put the original globe back, that one would work again.

I also tried to update the Globe via USB, it fails on the installation saying:

Error During Installation
The installation has failed. Please retry the software installation or contact John Deere for assistance.

I have contacted my dealer, but have not heard anything.

Also when the install fails, I have to unplug the globe to turn it off, seems like get gets hung with a purple light on.

I also tried a factory reset on the 4640, that did not change anything. I have unplugged the MTG to try to reset it, no luck.

I have also tried to connect my phone to the MTG for troubleshooting, but that was not successful. The MTG flashes White, Blue, Green.

So now that I have gotten all that out there, has anyone ran into something similar. I am trying to resolve 2 issues:
1. Get my MTG to connect again.
2. Update my Globe

And personally believe it lines in the display for some reason, but have no evidence. Any advice would be appreciated.

Edited by cooter2 9/17/2024 21:14
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)