AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Statins
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Kitchen TableMessage format

RDinMN
Posted 9/16/2024 08:28 (#10892311 - in reply to #10892113)
Subject: RE: anonymous posters

Southwestern Minnesota
John, the example you gave about why someone may want to be anonymous (in your third paragraph related to posters on Machinery Talk) is the same reason that I also decided to be an anonymous poster. I did not want to represent my employer, although I, too, did not feel anything I posted was any sort of trade secret or wouldn't be approved by "officialdom". I also did not want individuals contacting me personally for specific, individualized advice. Since I would not know their specific diagnosis or medical history, it would not be appropriate for me to do that.

However, unlike the posters that you appreciated on Machinery Talk, that is not the case in this situation. I originally started responding to posts because I thought I had information that would be helpful, as it seemed many were posting with health, and specifically nutrition-related questions. It wasn't my intention to become so involved, but I did think that I was providing information that people on this site would value.

I don't think that is the case any more. There seems to be so many on this site that distrust and resist the advice of their healthcare providers, if in fact they will even go to one, and the healthcare system in general. I think this will likely be my last nutrition-related post, and I think many will be glad to see me go.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)