AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Jordan Peterson on IQ
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Kitchen TableMessage format

Phainein7
Posted 9/9/2024 13:07 (#10883859 - in reply to #10881711)
Subject: RE: Keeping the brain functioning

Tipton, KS
John Burns - 9/7/2024 16:30

<p>Honda CRF250F dirt bike.....Have only minor crashed a couple times....:-)</p>

In May of 1980 while riding my 1979 Honda CX-500 on a lovely Sunday afternoon by Lake Shawnee (Topeka) on 45th street headed west on a two lane roadway, I saw two vehicles traveling fast (70+mph in a 45mph zone). Then the pickup passed the car on the shoulder, and then jerked his wheel, which caused his truck to go diagonally across the road. While seeing this in slow motion, I either had to hit the brakes, or head for the ditch. Being in 5th gear, I headed for the ditch, and was T-boned hard where the passenger would sit. Pickup ended up in a farmer's field with beer cans scattered about, and two riders in the bed were thrown out. Pickup guys were going to kick-butt on those in the car. A LEO had clocked them in around 70mph about 1-1/2 miles away, but he had not caught up with them when the accident happened.

After getting out of hospital, with a leg cast on, I found a Honda CB-400F and bought it, and then drove it with cast on. Talk about fearful experiences, the roadway appeared to be smaller in width, and vehicles larger. As the old adage says, “If you fall off a horse, you get right back on” I had to fight that fear until my vision was normal again.

For some people, that sort of fear exists if they attempt to learn something new. Old dogs can learn, but it can be a longer process to digest what an educated person might say. People can understand concrete concepts, but with abstract words/ideas, they may not have a conceptual understanding.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)