AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Jordan Peterson on IQ
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Kitchen TableMessage format

John Burns
Posted 9/4/2024 10:15 (#10878114)
Subject: Jordan Peterson on IQ

Pittsburg, Kansas

I had posted a Jordan Peterson video a while back and the monitors took it down. It was not meant to be political but in retrospect it did have portions that were. We will see if this one stays up. I don't believe there is any political overtones.

I like Peterson because he says the things that are not supposed to be said but still are true. He goes for what he perceives to be the truth rather than what is the "correct" thing to say.

I remember taking IQ tests in high school (68-72, might have been junior year, not sure). I think they were supposed to be used for college admission recommendations or some such thing. I didn't care because I had no intention of going to college and could hardly wait to get out of high school and farming all the time. The school was tight lipped on the scores, as I recall. I suppose so kids would not be bragging or comparing themselves to others.

The only person that has accused me of being a genius was my oldest sister, and pretty sure she has a biased opinion. LOL

Anyway I thought this presentation was pretty interesting and it is not too long.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BtRE9HpVja8#mce_temp_url#

"nutrition and exercise make a huge difference" (as we age to maintain IQ, not to increase it)

Edit: I just realized this is just a short clip of the very long interview. I have not listened to the link of the full version. It may have political stuff in it so don't click on it! LOL. I will watch it tonight as I have more time. Guess I better go get something done now. Dishwasher has a leak somewhere under the sink. Hopefully just the drain tube..........oh fun!

Edited by John Burns 9/4/2024 10:28
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)