AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Ultra filtered milk
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Kitchen TableMessage format

German Shepherd
Posted 8/30/2024 10:26 (#10872302 - in reply to #10872286)
Subject: RE: Ultra filtered milk

John Burns - 8/30/2024 10:10

Hilltop Husker - 8/30/2024 07:18 Congratulations good luck to you. I have no problem with you or anyone else doing it as long as they know that it's one of the riskiest things they could do that day. Do you think milk companies like to pasteurize milk for the hell of it?

That is kind of hyperbole. When I was a kid nearly every farm had a milk cow and we all drank raw milk. I would say driving your car to the grocery store to get pasteurized milk would put you at much greater risk of harm than drinking clean raw milk. People are killed in car accidents after all. 

Exactly. Everyone I know that is older than me says they grew up drinking raw milk and never had a problem. Drinking milk isn't something that just started, it goes far far back.The reason pasteurization was done years ago was it goes back to the Upton Sinclair exposure on food problems in the 1800's. They had problems in that era in the cities because milk wasn't kept clean, it wasn't refrigerated, etc, and it involved slow transportation. Meat and other food products at that time were a huge problem as well.Raw milk is perfectly safe is handled properly but that applies to any food product.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)